Friday, September 5, 2008

My Inner Voice


God my legs hurt. I mean, is this any way to live? It started again on June 9th – my first day of training for Chicago and it hasn’t stopped since. I go to bed and my legs throb. I get up in the morning and feel like my feet are going to fall off. I go up and down the stairs and I hear my knees pop. Why do I do this to myself?

I spend hours on a treadmill, running mile after mile just to end up where I started. I get no sleep on the weekend. I am up at 5 AM on a Sunday morning just to punish myself more. I spend most of that day limping around feeling terrible.

I enter race after race for what? A medal? Despite how much I train, my times are almost always the same. Mid-packer am I! What is the point to all of this absurdity?

This post was brought to you by the little non-running voice in my head. I promised that if he let me finish my last long run, I would give him some time to vent.

3 comments:

4mp4.net said...

Thank you for your wonderful efforts

Quick How said...

Thank you so much for this beautiful Article

whois domain find said...

Thank you very much for your wonderful