Monday, June 23, 2008

Week two down!

All is going well on the road to Chicago! I just finished my second week of training and I have no bad news to report. My longest run so far was completed on Sunday morning at 5:30 AM. This nine-miler on a cool, June morning felt great. I opted for the flatter Scott Air Force Base route vs. climbing Mt. Belleville on Plum Hill School Road. Truthfully, there is no real “Mt. Belleville”, but this has to be the biggest hill in the area. The problem with it is that it’s about a mile and a half into the route so it feels like it zaps all of your energy right from the start for the rest of the run.

The world at 5:30 AM is so different from the rest of the day. Everything is still. The sun is rising and everything looks so pure and peaceful. Three hours later its all about traffic and noise.

Speaking of noise – I have resolved both my muted TV and ipod problems. I reset the power and the cable for my TV, and the sound came back! My father’s day gift was a new ipod – all is again well in my world!

So here’s where I am at: Two weeks and 49 miles down, Sixteen weeks and 530 +/- miles to go. Week three is a “step-back” week, with a shorter long run. Week four starts to get pretty serious!

No comments: